An inspiring keynote address from Baroness Karren Brady of Knightsbridge CBE captivated audiences at the first annual Women in Business Expo, held at
Sharing her wealth of experience in business and passion for supporting entrepreneurs and balancing building a successful business career with motherhood and family life.
Voted Business Woman of the Year, Ultimate Entrepreneur and rated among the 50 most inspirational people in the world, Baroness Brady CBE empowered attendees though her session on business and career development, drawing on her work as Vice Chairman of West Ham F.C, a Peer in the House of Lords and Small Business Ambassador for the Government.
Women in Business
Earlier in the day, supermodel turned business mogul, Caprice Bourret, delivered a stand out session, discussing small business start-ups, how the changing economy is affecting us, women supporting women in the workplace and how to take responsibility and own your own career!
With over 120 exhibitors covering all industries, including Aston Martin, HSBC, tide, UPS, Costco, Sentry Legals and NatWest, Women in Business Expo has some of the world’s biggest organisations looking to hire talented women, with experts on hand to give attendees advice on shaping careers. There were also over 60 seminars across the five free to attend theatres and a CV clinic.
Christie Day, Group Event Director at Women in Business Expo, said: “We are so excited to be holding the first annual Women in Business Expo, empowering women to confidently take the next step in their working lives and to feel comfortable juggling the work/life balance.
“Day one was a huge success with over attendees from a variety of backgrounds, some of whom are planning the next chapter in their careers, some looking to start a business and some even considering franchising. Our wide range of exhibitors
Additional highlights from day one at Women in Business Expo included:
- Robin Selden, CMO of Avast, who spoke how about gender diversity is being addressed in the wrong way and the importance of getting it right
- Gary Matson, Director of Channel Sales EMEA Core Markets at Pure Storage, who spoke about why technology should lead the diversity agenda
- Caroline Pain, Vice President of Customer Proposition at Aetna International, who spoke about the simple wellbeing secrets of successful working women
- Debbie Klein, Director of People at Sky, who spoke about the importance of inclusivity and why business needs to look beyond diversity
- Lee Andrews, Head of Talent Acquisitions EMEA at IBM, who spoke about using AI to augment recruiting, enhance diversity and mitigate bias
Day-two of Women in Business Expo 2019 kicked-off with a keynote talk from Mirela Sula, Founder at Global Woman.
Later in the day, Lady Michelle Mone, Baroness of Mayfair OBE will deliver the keynote address, with a fascinating and inspiring look at how she built her multi-million-pound lingerie business, Ultimo Brands International, from the ground up. As a peer in the House of Lords, OBE recipient and Start-Up Business Tsar for the Government, Michelle is one of the UK’s leading entrepreneurs and is set to provide attendees with practical and honest business advice.
With a host of speakers to follow across the whole spectrum of topics, attendees will leave Women in Business Expo having gained insights and advice from leading speaker and exhibitors to aid their own business journeys and career progression.