HR management platform Beamery has launched its Sustainability Impact Manifesto, reinforcing the company’s mission to provide equal access to the workplace for every human being on the planet.
Created to reflect Beamery’s goal of building a sustainable and socially conscious company, the Sustainability Impact Manifesto sets clear environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives. It also reinforces the company’s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal of reducing inequality.
Xavier Langlois, Beamery’s legal and impact director, said, “From day one, Beamery has held this goal at the heart of everything it does, and we want to continue to lead the talent industry with big actions and big thinking.”
The guiding principles of the Sustainability Impact Manifesto are:
- Building a representative and inclusive company: Beamery will increase the representation of women, non-binary people and people of colour in leadership positions, believing that only when diverse voices unite will a fairer professional future be built for all.
- The company is also committed to achieving a maximum of 40% homogeneity across all departments and seniority levels, maintaining a Fair HQ inclusion score of 9+ and a Fair HQ equity score of 8+ by 2028.
- Environment: Beamery will improve its environmental management and carbon footprint. The company is committed to reporting and halving its emissions by 2028.
- Creating a fair, inclusive and engaging environment for its people: Beamery is increasing the happiness and well-being of its employees so that they can perform to the best of their abilities without hindrance. It is committed to achieving a minimum score of 9+ for inclusion, 8+ for equity and 50+ for NPS by 2028.
- Governance: By ensuring ethical and transparent ways of working, Beamery will ensure that ESG considerations are a key element of all decision-making processes and will provide quarterly progress reports to its board and stakeholders.
In terms of technology, Beamery is committed to impacting the talent market through its product and as a company. Its ethical approach to delivering explainable AI is already transforming talent for some of the world’s leading companies, recruiting, developing and retaining their teams.
This manifesto is an inspiration to many in the tech world. Bibi Groot, Head of Behavioural Science at Fair HQ, added: “At Fair HQ, we are particularly pleased to see that Beamery puts fairness at the heart of things. By having transparent and fair processes in place, everyone, regardless of background, has the opportunity to grow and develop. We’re thrilled to be part of this journey and look forward to seeing how Beamery will continue to push the boundaries of D&I in tech.”
In terms of results, in 2021 alone, Beamery has helped hundreds of companies in more than 20 industries hire more than one million people, creating faster access to meaningful work and driving more than $1 billion in value creation in the global labour market.
Jan Hammer, Partner at Index Ventures, said: “For them, it’s not just about creating the best software to meet the needs of growing organisations. They have an innate sense that by investing in their own people, they are investing in themselves. This manifesto is a further reflection of that ambition and an excellent example of industry leadership. Beamery’s forward-thinking approach, and its commitment to making a tangible impact, is ahead of many of its peers.”
A better future
At Accenture, for example, sustainability is embedded in everything they do and with everyone, creating business value and the lasting impact needed to address these important challenges for clients, partners, people and communities.
Tom Lounibos, managing director of Accenture Ventures, said, “We applaud Beamery’s commitment to a wide range of environmental, social and governance issues, from the transition to a net-zero economy to human rights, inclusion and diversity.”
On the investment side, Teachers’ Venture Growth also partners with companies like Beamery, which have bold missions to shape the future of people. Avid Larizadeh Duggan, Senior Managing Director of TVG, concluded: “The Impact Manifesto perfectly encapsulates Beamery’s mission to create positive social and environmental change and complements Teachers’ strategy to shape a more sustainable future. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Beamery as we work together to build a better future.”